Made from melamine resin, Basotect® has unique characteristics making it a versatile, resilient and reliable product for a wide range of insulation and soundproofing projects.
The lightweight nature of Basotect® means that it can be successfully used in various applications without compromising on quality or durability.
The defining characteristics of Basotect® are:
- Heat Endurance – The maximum temperature that Basotect® can endure is 240℃.
- Thermal Insulation – The fine cell structure of Basotect® offers effective thermal insulation.
- Sound Absorption – Made from Melamine resin, it is ideal for use in a wide variety of acoustic applications. The properties of Basotect® prevent soundwaves from bouncing back into the room, reducing echo.
- Flame Retardant – with a UL94 V-0 Pass, (Basotect® G , G+ , TG , UF), A-A combustion test for railway vehicle material in Japan t40mm Pass (Basotect® G, flame resisting) FMVSS302 Pass (Basotect® G). Basotect® is class 0 rated, meaning it will not melt or drip when exposed to a naked flame and does not emit toxic smoke or flames.
- Low Weight – with a density of 6±2～9±2 kg/m3
- Water Absorption – implemented with capillary phenomenon. Additionally, water repellency grades are available by special treatment.
- Chemical Resistance – the cross-linked structure of Basotect® makes it resistant to chemicals.
So, what can Basotect® be used on?
The defining characteristics of Basotect® indicate how versatile the Foam can be. From household appliances to recording studios, Basotect® offers a powerful, reliable performance upon application.
Thermal Insulation makes Basotect® an essential component of household appliances such as washers/dryers, additionally, Basotect is commonly used in construction, for example, heating and ventilation duct linings.
The Sound Absorption characteristic makes Basotect ideal for use in engine compartments in vehicles and wall panels for recording studios, cinemas, and exhibition facilities.
The Low Weight and Flame Retardant elements offer a material suitable for use in the rail and aerospace industries.